Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile is full of Tex-Mex flavor with smoky brisket, spicy chiles and flavorful spices.
Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile
Mesquite Smoked Brisket, there’s nothing like it except maybe adding it into Tex-Mex chile.
My husband, being from the South was craving barbecue, and nobody does barbecue better than Texans, so we were on the search for the best barbecue we could find.
I had been reading reviews from Trip Advisor about this special restaurant in Odessa that serves remarkable smoked brisket.
The restaurant is called the Bar-B-Que Barn and the owner, Darren Glisson, was not only super friendly but offered samples of his smoked brisket and smoked turkey.
The turkey was excellent, but the brisket was exceptional.
Darren said he smokes 30 pounds of brisket over Mesquite for 30 hours.
The result is a wonderfully smoky meat that is so tender it falls apart.
So in addition to our sandwiches, we also had to buy a pound of that fabulous brisket.
I mean, where else can you get that flavor and that quality of meat?
When we returned home, I wanted to have that brisket last even longer so I used it in Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile.
I added the traditional ingredients of onions, which I caramelized for extra flavor, as well as well as tomatoes, garlic, both green and chipotle peppers, broth, a touch of vinegar, and molasses for a depth of flavor.
Normally in Chile, I don’t add beans, but in this one I added black beans for an extra kick of flavor and Health.
And you can’t have chile without great spices so I added Mesquite Smoke Powder, cumin, smoked paprika, a little dry mustard and Montreal Steak Seasoning which is a perfect blend of spices for beef.
Hope you enjoy this Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile as much as we did.
Ingredients in Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile
- Olive oil
- Yellow Onion
- Mesquite Smoked Brisket
- Chopped Green Chiles
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Chicken Broth
- Black Beans
- Espresso Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Mesquite Smoked Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Dry Mustard
How to Make Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile
In a frypan over medium high heat, add olive oil.
When it’s up to temperature, add diced onions and garlic. Cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes and set aside.
Then in a slow cooker turned to low add in the smoked brisket, green chilies, chipotle peppers, tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, vinegar, molasses, espresso powder, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning, cumin, mesquite smoke powder, smoked paprika and dry mustard.
Then add in the caramelized onions and garlic and stir to combine.
Cover and cook 5-6 hours and serve.
Optional, add grated cheddar cheese and sliced avocado on top.
Also try Slow Cooker Chicken Chile.
Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile
- 1 Tb Olive oil
- 1 Small Yellow onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Pound Mesquite Smoked Brisket Cut into small cubes
- 1 4.5 oz can Chopped green chiles
- 1-2 Tsp Chipolte Peppers in Adobo Sauce Chopped
- 1 15 oz. can Tomatoes Diced, with liquid
- 1 14 oz. can Chicken Broth Reduced sodium
- 1 15 oz. can Black beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Black Strap Molasses
- 1 Tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 Tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mesquite Smoke Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dry mustard
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and allow to cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker set on low heat, add brisket, green chiles, chipolte Peppers, tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, vinegar, molasses, esoresso powder, Worchestershire sauce, Montreal Steak Seasoning, cumin, Mesquite Chile powder, smoked paprika and dry mustard. Add in sauteed onion and garlic mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 5-6 hours.