This recipe for Garden Frittata is rich, creamy and filled with healthy vegetables. The texture is more like a quiche without the crust.
I’ve always been a fan of frittatas because they are so simple to make. Mainly because there’s no extra step in making a crust involved like a quiche has. Yet this Garden Frittata has the richness of a quiche and is made and baked in one pan. How easy is that?
The creative thing about frittatas is that you really can add anything you’d like. For instance, this Garden Frittata is true to its name because for extra health, I’ve included 5 vegetables in this dish.
Ingredients for Garden Frittata
- Eggs: The delicious healthy binding that hold everything together
- Salt: For savoriness
- Pepper: For spiciness
- Thyme: An extra layer of slightly mint flavor
- Water: This adds lightness
- Fat free half and half: For richness
- Ghee: This clarified butter has a higher cooking point than butter
- Shallot: For an extra bite of flavor
- Mushrooms: For earthy texture
- Broccoli: For health
- Baby spinach: Healthy greens that melt into this dish
- Gruyere: For additional richness
- Tomatoes: High in Vitamin C and a beautiful addition
- Parmesan cheese: For an extra touch of saltiness and flavor
How to Make Garden Frittata
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
Then whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, thyme, water and half and half. The water is important because it really adds to the lightness of the frittata.
Over medium high heat add ghee to an ovenproof frypan. Then add the shallots, mushrooms and broccoli and let it cook undisturbed 2 minutes until they begin to caramelize. Then stir and cook 2 minutes longer.
Pour half of the egg mixture over the vegetables.
Add spinach leaves over the top.
Sprinkle with shredded gruyere cheese.
Then pour remaining egg mixture over the spinach and top with sliced tomatoes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Place the pan in the oven and bake 35-40 minutes until the frittata is puffed and slightly browned. Test the center of the frittata with a toothpick inserted in the middle. If it comes out clean, the frittata is done.
Remove from the oven and let it rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme leaves Fresh is best
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Half and half Fat free
- 1 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Shallot Diced
- 3/4 Cup Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Cup Broccoli Chopped
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Gruyere cheese Grated
- 4 Small Tomatoes Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees FWhisk eggs, salt, pepper, thyme, water and half and half. Set aside.
- In an ovenproof frypan over medium high heat add ghee. Then add shallots, mushrooms and broccoli. Let cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes to caramelize. Stir and let cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour half of egg mixture over vegetables. Add spinach leaves over the top. Sprinkle with shredded gruyere cheese. Then pour remaining egg mixture over spinach.
- Arrange tomato slices evenly over top sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake 35-40 minutes until frittata is puffed and lightly browned. Test center of frittata with a toothpick inserted in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's done
- Remove from oven and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below and be sure and pin this on Pinterest!
For Similar Recipes: