I totally love these Crispy Baked Wings for lots of reasons. First, they’re much lower in calories than fried wings. Next, they still have a delicious crunch. And finally, they’re so easy!
Crispy Baked Wings
Who doesn’t love chicken wings? And there’s a billion ways to prepare them. Honey Wings, Hot Spicy Wings, Barbecue Wings, Garlic Wings, Sweet and Sour Wings. Well, you get the idea. They’re all good in their own way. It just depends on your taste and the level of heat that you like. It also depends on how you want to prepare them. Deep fried? Grilled? Slow Cooked? Baked?
Personally I like wings that are packed full of flavor, and are crispy and juicy all at the same time. Like my Crispy Baked Wings. By themselves they have heat, but not overwhelming. I’ve ordered wings like that, where the actual flavor of the wings got lost because of all the hot pepper sauce.
Me? I actually like the flavors to blend so I tone it down. I figure there are too many fabulous sauces out there that can really kick it up a notch for those die-hard super heat fans, like my husband, so I slather on extra sauce for him. For the rest of us, you may enjoy these just as is. I would describe the flavor as smoky, a bit spicy from the cayenne, absolutely juicy, savory and crispy. And the best part is how easy they are. On a scale of 10-1, I would give these a 12 as a go-to party appetizer.
Crispy Baked Wings
- 6 Whole chicken wings Tips removed and. It into two pieces at joints
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic salt
- 3/4 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Add flour, smoked paprika, garlic salt, pepper, and cayenne to gallon sized zip lock bag. Shake ingredients to mix, then add the 12 chicken wing pieces into bag and once again shake to evenly cover the wings
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour melted butter in middle. Lightly dip each chicken wing into butter on each side. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes, then turn wings over and continue to bake 15 more minutes. Serve with your favorite sauce.