This Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken is quick and easy, and the flavor is outstanding with its creamy lemon butter sauce with lemons, olives and artichokes.
Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken is not only quick and easy but the flavor is outstanding. It combines chicken with lemon and butter, artichoke hearts, olives and thyme. One bite and you’re whisked away on a Mediterranean cruise.
The temperate isles of the Mediterranean are home to the sun, the sea and totally delicious dishes. This is where lemons and olives and artichokes grow as well as acres and acres of herbs like thyme, rosemary, sage and oregano.
With such a wonderful growing climate, the chefs of the Mediterranean create some of the most delicious and healthy dishes in the world.
This Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken is no exception. And the bonus is that this dish is so easy to make.
Ingredients for Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken
- Chicken Thighs
- Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt
- Manischewitz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Fat free Half-and-Half
- Lemon juice
How to Make Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken
Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken is really easy and involves only four steps. First, I like to use chicken thighs in this recipe because they add a richer flavor, but you can easily substitute chicken breasts.
Whichever you use, just season the chicken well with smoked paprika and sea salt and sprinkle each side with flour. I’ve mentioned before that I like to use Wondra. Because of its fine texture, there’s no clumping.
The second step is to simply brown the chicken for about 2 minutes on each side in butter. Then remove it from the pan to a separate plate.
The third step is to use that same pan, with all its wonderfully flavored browned pieces, and a bit more butter to it along with some minced garlic and cook it for a minute or two.
Add Manischewitz Low Sodium Chicken Broth to deglaze the pan and stir up all those luscious browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Then mix in some cream, lemon juice and thyme, and add the chicken back into the pan along with the artichokes and olives.
The fourth step is to place the frypan into a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. When the internal temperature registers 165 degrees, it’s ready to serve. Pretty easy.
And not only is it totally delicious, but if you’re into healthy recipes, this one’s a winner. Even with that that richness, it’a only 270 calories per serving. Healthy and Delicious! That’s what we continually aim for!
For more creative chicken recipes, check these out:
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below and pin us on Pinterest!
Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken
- 4 Chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 Tbsp Flour Prefer Wondra
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt Prefer Himalayan Pink
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter No salt
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/4 Cup Half and half cream, fat free
- 1 Small Lemon Juiced
- 2 Tsp Thyme leaves Or 3/4 Tsp dried thyme
- 4 Artichoke hearts, canned. Cut each artichoke in half
- 12 Manzanilla Olives Pitted Kalamata olives can substitute
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper. Mix well and sprinkle mixture evenly on each side of the chicken thighs.
- In a large oven proof pan 1 1/2 Tbsp butter. Cook, stirring constantly 1 minute. Add chicken breasts and brown them 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a separate plate.
- Add remaining 1/2 Tbsp butter to pan drippings and add garlic cloves. Allow to cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth to deglaze pan as you stir up the browned bits. Then add half and half, lemon juice and thyme and continue stirring to combine. At this point, add the chicken thighs back into the pan along with artichoke halves and olives.Note: I used Trader Joe's Artichoke Hearts
- Place frypan in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Internal temperature should register 165 degrees F