Dublin Pub Chicken takes it’s inspiration from the warm and comforting pubs of Dublin where you can feed your body and soul at the same time.
About Dublin Pub Chicken
Ingredients of Dublin Pub Chicken
- Chicken thighs
- Green cabbage
- Chicken broth
How to Make Dublin Pub Chicken
Also try Mediterranean Lemon Butter Chicken
Dublin Pub Chicken
- 2 Large Chicken thighs
- 1/4 Tsp Salt Himalyan preferred
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Sage Ground
- 1 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Strips Bacon, thick sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 3 Shallots Roughly chopped
- 1 Large Potato Yukon Gold preferred
- 3 Large Carrots Peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 Head Green cabbage Roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, thyme and sage. Lightly sprinkle both sides with flour. Set aside.
- Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and add to frypan over medium high heat. Fry the bacon until crisp and rendered. Scoop bacon out of pan and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Add garlic to bacon drippings and cook 1 minute. Add seasoned and floured chicken to same frypan over medium high heat and allow to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add shallots, potatoes and carrots to frypan and allow to caramelize over medium high heat, about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken broth and cook 1 minute to deglaze pan.
- Add raw cabbage to large baking dish. Pour vegetables and broth over top of the cabbage and sprinkle with bacon bits. Top with chicken thighs and place in oven. Cook 50-60 minutes, until chicken registers 165 degrees and vegetables are tender.