Shrimp Mediterranean combines the best of the Mediterranean Diet with fish, vegetables, pasta and a delightful lemon garlic sauce.
About Shrimp Mediterranean
This Shrimp Mediterranean recipe was inspired by the Mediterranean Diet, considered one of the healthiest diets in the world.
And there’s a lot of reasons for that. The ancient Greeks and Romans knew the importance of nutrition.
Their diet consisted mostly with grains. Next came fresh Vegetables and Fruit which grew in abundance in the region.
Also plentiful was olives which they crushed into olive oil and used in their cooking as well as a dip for their breads.
And, of course, because of the Mediterranean Sea, fish was in abundance as well.
Ingredients of Shrimp Mediterranean
- Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Chicken Broth
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
How to Make Shrimp Mediterranean
If you don’t have a Griddler, you can also use a frypan over medium high heat and cook the shrimp 2 minutes in each side.
The advantage of the Griddler is that it cooks everything from steak to pork chops in half the time with wonderful grill marks.
- 4 Oz Capellini About a 1 3/4" bundle
- 7 Large Shrimp
- 1 Tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tsp Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Broccoli florets
- 1 Cup Asparagus Cut into 2" pieces
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Cup Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Basil leaves
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Spinach Baby spinach preferred
- 2 Tbsp Feta cheese Crumbled
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a pot and add capellini. Cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse and divide into serving bowls.
- Heat Griddler to High: In a small bowl add shrimp, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat the shrimp. Add shrimp to hot grill and close lid. Cook 2 minutes and set aside.
- Add olive oil to frypan over medium high heat. Add garlic cloves and cook 1 minute. Add broccoli and asparagus and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth. Continue cooking until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Add butter and tomatoes. Cook 1 minute, then add in spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over pasta. Add shrimp. Then pour remaining sauce over each bowl. Top with feta cheese and serve.