Lemon Fettuccine with Shrimp combines a sauce of lemon, butter, garlic, dill and grated Ricotta Salata. Incredibly delicious!
About Lemon Fettuccini with Shrimp
I really love this Lemon Fettuccine with Shrimp for so many reasons.
First is the sauce, a rich lemony buttery garlicy dill sauce that only gets better with the dry, slightly salty ricotta Salata cheese. Yum.
But to be honest ricotta salad can be expensive. A good substitute might be pecorino romano .
And then when you add shrimp, tomatoes and especially artichokes, well it’s a little bit of heaven! Fettuccine has never been so good. So let’s make it!
Ingredients for Lemon Fettuccini with Shrimp
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Fresh dill
- Ricotta Salata cheese
How to Make Lemon Fettuccine with Shrimp
First, boil the fettuccine in a large pot of water. I like to salt the water for extra flavor and then add a touch of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
Boiling time only takes about 5 minutes for the fettuccine to be cooked perfectly where it’s tender but still has some texture. Al dente stage – to the bite.
Drain the pasta and add it back into the pan to keep warm.
And then next comes the prep time, which really takes only about 10 minutes.
First, clean and devein the shrimp. Then chop the tomatoes and the dill.
Finally grate the cheese, zest the lemon and slice the whole artichokes in half.
And it’s time to cook the shrimp, which actually cooks very quickly. Just heat your frying pan, add some olive oil and then sear the shrimp no more than 2 minutes on each side for perfectly tender shrimp.
Any more than that, the shrimp will be tough. When they’re cooked it’s important to immediately remove them from the pan so they don’t cook further.
And then comes the sauce.
Did I mention I love this sauce? Oh yeah, I did.
Well, it’s pretty simple to make.
Use that same pan that you cooked the shrimp in, for added flavor, and add butter and garlic. Let it bubble and cook for a couple of minutes.
And then add chicken broth and lemon juice. Continue to cook over medium low heat until it has reduced by at least half. It will take about 10 minutes.
This step slightly thickens the fettuccine sauce and intensifies its flavor.
To plate the dish add the pasta to each serving bowl and top that with grated cheese.
And then add pepper, the dill, the cooked shrimp, the tomatoes and the artichoke halves.
Finally, pour the warm sauce over each bowl. Give the ingredients a quick toss. Finish with a sprinkle of grated lemon zest, maybe a little more grated cheese and enjoy!
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below and be sure and pin us on Pinterest!
For similar recipes see:
Lemon Fettuccine with Shrimp
- 3/4 lb. Fettuccine
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt
- 3 Tsp Olive oil This equals 1 Tbsp, but it will be divided. See instructions.
- 12 Raw Shrimp
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 1 Small Lemon Juiced and Zested
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Dill Chopped fine
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Salata Cheese, grated Parmesan cheese can substitute
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 3/4 Cup Tomatoes Chopped
- 8 Artichokes Trader Joes's canned in water. Cut in half.
- Bring large pot of water to boil and add fettuccine, salt and 1 Tsp. olive oil. Cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain the pasta and add back into pan to keep warm.
- Clean and devein shrimp.
- In a saute pan over medium high heat, add remaining 2 Tsp. olive oil and when hot add shrimp. Cook 1-2 minutes maximum on each side. Remove immediately to prevent continuous cooking.
- In the same saute pan over medium high heat add butter and garlic and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Then add chicken broth and lemon juice. Continue cooking until broth is reduced by half, about 10 more minutes.
- Add fettuccine to each serving bowl. Divide lemon zest, fresh dill, grated cheese and pepper over each bowl. Then to each bowl add 1/4 of the shrimp, tomatoes and artichokes and give the ingredients a light toss. Pour 1/4 of the warm sauce over each bowl and top with additional lemon zest and cheese, if desired.