For cold days, soup is the best answer to “What’s for dinner?” And nothing is more soul- satisfying than this easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.
Good soup, really good soup needs time to simmer to blend the flavors together. And this is what you will find in this fix-it-and-forget it Chicken Taco Soup.
The ingredients are simple and the flavor is outstanding. For this recipe I’ve speeded the process by letting it cook just 4 hours. But if you work all day, you certainly can quickly put these ingredients together in the morning and cook it on low for 10 hours.
When you get home the house will smell wonderful and dinner is a cinch.
Ingredients for Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken breast: The star of the show
- Chile Lime Powder: For tang and spiciness
- Jane’s Mixed-Up Garlic Seasoning: For rich flavor
- Cumin: Tacos aren’t Tacos without cumin
- Onion powder: An added layer of flavor
- Smoked Paprika: For a touch of smoky taste
- Tomatoes: Huge vitamin C vegetable, plus extra flavor
- Chicken broth: For homemade taste, I recommend Manischewitz Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Tortilla chips: For crunch and flavor
- Avocado: For creaminess
- Cheddar Cheese: For richness
How to Make Chicken Taco Soup
If frozen, thaw your chicken breast in the refrigerator overnight. But if you decide at the last minute to have this for dinner, just place it on a plate, cover it with a paper towel and microwave on high for 1 minute.
At this point it won’t fully be defrosted but that’s good because it will make it easier to cut in bite sized pieces before you add it to your slow Cooker.
Then add the Chile Lime Powder. You can find this at TraderJoe’s and it’s fabulous. But you can also substitute a squeeze of lime juice and Chile powder.
Continue adding the spices and mix to coat the chicken. Then add the tomatoes and the chicken broth.
Set the slow Cooker on to high and cook for 4-5 hours.
When it’s finished, ladle the Chicken Taco Soup into serving bowls and top each with tortilla chips, diced avocados and a sprinkle of cheese.
Then sit back, pour yourself a glass of wine if you’d like and savor every wonderful bite.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below and be sure and pin it on Pinterest!
For cold days, Soup is the best answer to, “What’s for dinner?” And nothing is more soul satisfying than this slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup.
- 1 Chicken breast Cut in bite sized pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Chile Lime Powder Trader Joe's
- 1/2 Tsp Jone's Mixed-Up Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 14 oz can Tomatoes
- 4 Cups Chicken broth, low sodium Prefer Manischewitz Low Sodium chicken Broth
- 10 Tortilla chips
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
Add chicken to a Slow Cooker. Sprinkle with Chile Lime Powder, garlic seasoning, cumin, onion powder and smoked paprika.
Add in tomatoes and chicken broth.
Heat on high setting for 4-5 hours.
Ladle in serving bowls and top each with broken tortilla chips, avocados an a sprinkle of cheese.
For More Chicken Soup Recipes: