These Asian Wings with Orange gives a special sweet and savory twist on chicken wings by adding soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and orange marmalade.
About Asian Wings with Orange Glaze
I’m a huge fan of chicken wings.
And, I’m a real fan of unfried food.
You know what I mean, food that’s baked but really has the crispiness of fried food with just a whole lot less calories.
I’ve been doing my Crispy Baked Wings for…it seems like… Ever.
Why? Because they’re healthier than fried, plus they are So Easy and mostly because they are incredibly delicious.
So I based my Asian Wings with Orange Sauce on this recipe and then tweaked it to bring out the flavors of the East.
How to Make Asian Wings with Orange Sauce
Asian Wings with Orange Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chicken broth, low sodium Manischewitz is preferred
- 2 Tsp Orange zest
- 1 Small Orange Juiced
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Orange marmalade
- 1 Clove Garlic Finely minced
- 5 Whole Chicken wings Tips removed and separated at joint to make 10 wing portions
- 1/3 Cup Flour Prefer Wondra
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Five Spice Powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a sauce pan add chicken broth, orange zest and juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, marmalade and garlic. Cook over medium heat about 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add, flour, garlic powder, ginger, pepper, cayenne and Five Spice Powder to a gallon zip lock bag. Shake bag to combine ingredients. Add rinsed chicken wings and again shake bag until evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour melted butter in middle. Lightly dip each wing into butter on each side and place in rows sheet. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes. Then turn over wings and bake 12 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken wings to a serving plate. Lightly pour sauce over hot chicken wings.