Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies with Cranberries are crunchy, tangy and rich.
About Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies with Cranberries
Neiman Marcus Cookies are famous for a lot of reasons.
They’re delicious of course, but rumor has it that they sold their recipe some years back for $250 to an unsuspecting customer who simply asked for the recipe.
Not sure if it’s true or not, (and actually I think I heard the same thing about Mrs. Fields cookies).
Anyway, the customer was so angry that she was charged for the recipe with no recourse to get her money back that she decided to print dozens of copies and give them to all her friends.
Of course, the recipe eventually went viral.
And today there are lots of Nieman Marcus Cookie recipes out there – all of them a little different. So I thought I’d join in the fun and add my own touches.
I recently saw a recipe on Foodnetwork that had dried fruit in their chocolate chop cookies. I loved the idea of adding a touch of health, so I thought of tangy dried cranberries.
They would be a perfect counterpart to the sweetness of the chocolate chips
And what is a chocolate chip cookie without nuts to make it extra special?
But stepping it up a bit, I thought macadamia nuts would even make them more special.
Then I cut down the sugar, because I thought it was too sweet. But I left in all the butter. I figure, if we’re going to indulge, go for the butter.
The result is a luscious cookie, packed with all kinds of wonderfulness.
Ingredients of Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies with Cranberries
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Dried Cranberries
- Macadamia Nuts
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies with Cranberries
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Next, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Then over a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda baking powder and salt. Set aside.
Then in a larger bowl cream butter with both sugars and mix thoroughly. Add in 1 egg and vanilla extract and continue to mix until blended.
Gradually add in the flour mixture, a bit at a time, to mix together thoroughly.
By hand fold in the cranberries, macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
Then by a heaping tablespoon full for each cookie, place on prepared cookie sheets spaced about 2” apart.
Bake for 11-12 minutes until the bottoms are slightly browned. And enjoy.
Also try Espresso Meringues
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookies with Cranberries
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cranberries Dried
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl cream butter with both sugars until mixed thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla and continue beating to incorporate. Add small portion of flour mixture and heat well combined. Continue slowly adding flour, beating between each addition until all flour is incorporated.
- Add cranberries, nuts and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips (reserving some to decorate cookies) and fold into the dough.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of dough to prepared baking sheet and continue adding cookie dough to sheet spacing approximately 2” apart.
- Press remaining chocolate chips randomly into cookie dough. This step is really optional, it just really makes your cookies more attractive. You could also reserve some of the cranberries and nuts as well and press into the dough.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.