This juicy Parmesan Chicken is so easy to make and from prep time to serving, it’s ready in under 10 minutes. Quick and totally delicious!
I love Ina Garten for so many reasons and this Parmesan Chicken is one of them.
It’s a casual company dinner or a really quick week night dinner because the chicken only takes about 2-3 minutes on each side ti cook through. And as Ina says often, “How Easy is that?”
The nod and inspiration definitely go to her, but… I just can’t help myself…I did change it a bit. She serves hers with a salad over the top and I liked the idea.
But I changed the seasonings with the Lemon Pepper Panko and I really like them all by themselves. They’re perfectly delicious.
So, let’s make it.
Ingredients for Parmesan Chicken
- Chicken Breasts
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon Pepper Panko
- Olive oil
How to Make Parmesan Chicken
There are about 5 steps to this process. None of which are difficult.
First slip the chicken breasts into a gallon zip lock bag. The key to quick cooking is having the chicken thin enough to cook quickly. So either using a rolling pin or a mallet, pound the chicken until they’re about 1/4” thick.
Next, add flour to a plate.
Then beat the egg with some water in a shallow bowl.
On another plate mix the Parmesan Cheese and the Lemon Pepper Panko.
With everything ready, begin to heat a frying pan to medium high heat. When it’s hot add the butter and olive oil.
Take a flattened chicken breast and dip both sides in the flour, then into the egg mixture and finally into the Parmesan cheese and Lemon Pepper Panko mixture. Add it to the frying pan.
Repeat with the 2nd chicken breast. Cook the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side until it’s cooked through. Serve immediately.
Thank you, Ina, for all your inspiration!
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment below and be sure and pin us on Pinterest.
- 2 Chicken breasts, boneless Pounded to 1/4" thick
- 1/3 Cup Flour Prefer Wondra
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Water
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan cheese Freshly grated
- 3/4 Cup Lemon Pepper Panko
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Place chicken breast into a gallon zip lock bag. With a rolling pin or a mallet, pound the chicken until they are 1/4" thick.
- Add flour to a plate.
- Beat egg with water in a shallow bowl.
- On another plate mix Parmesan cheese and Lemon Pepper Panko.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high and add butter and olive oil.
- As it heats, dip each chicken breast on both sides into flour, then into egg mixture and finally into the cheese and panko mixture and add to frying pan.
- Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Either serve immediately or keep warm in a 125 degree F oven until ready to serve.