Chili Lime Wings is the perfect chicken wings recipe for your next party, but be sure and make a lot because they will disappear fast.
Ok, I admit it. I’m a chicken wing fan. Love them. But I limit myself to like 5. Maybe 6. In a perfect world where we could eat anything we want and still stay healthy, I could eat dozens of these great Chili Lime Wings.
I think this obsession with these spicy wings is due to the Chile Lime Seasoning from Trader Joe’s. It’s just fresh tasting with the lime powder, bell pepper powder and the spicy chili pepper. You just know it’s going to be a great addition to Wings.
So, let’s make them.
Ingredients for Chili Lime Wings
- Chicken Wing Drumettes: The Star of the Show
- Flour: Prefer Wondra
- Smoked Paprika: For smoky flavor
- Pepper: To add heat
- Garlic Salt: Jane’s Chunky Crazy Mixed-Up Garlic Seasoning is preferred.
- Chile Lime Seasoning: A great seasoning blend from Trader Joe’s
- Chili Powder: For extra spice
- Butter: To add richness
How to Make Chili Lime Wings
First preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
Next, add Wondra flour to a gallon zip lock bag. Add smoked paprika, pepper, chili powder and Chile Lime Seasoning. Zip the bag and shake it to mix the ingredients.
Then add the chicken wings to the bag and once again zip the bag closed and shake to evenly distribute the spiced flour.
Pour the melted butter into a large baking dish. Add each chicken drumette to the butter, flip it over and add it to the outside if the dish. Repeat with all the wings.
Place the dish into to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the wings over and continue baking another 15 minutes until they’re browned.
A Note on the Ingredients
This recipe uses the drumettes but if you buy the whole wings, it’s not hard to cut the wings into drumettes. Cook’s Illustrated has a great instructional on the technique.
Although you certainly can use regular flour, I prefer Wondra in this recipe because of its fine texture which evenly coats the wings. Regular flour has a tendency to clump.
The Chili Lime Seasoning really adds a special flavor to this recipe because it’s so Lime forward and very tangy. The Chile and the lime are just a perfect match.
Chili Lime Wings
- 10 Chicken wing drumettes
- 1/3 Cup Flour Prefer Wondra
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper Freshly ground is best
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chile Lime Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted for 20 seconds in a microwave
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Add flour to gallon zip lock bag. Then add smoked paprika, pepper, garlic salt and Chile Lime Seasoning. Zip the bag tightly and shake to mix the ingredients.
- Add chicken wings to the flour mixture. Zip the bag closed and shake to evenly distribute the flour mixture over the chicken wings.
- Pour melted butter into large baking dish. Add each chicken drumette to the butter, flip it over and add it to the outside edge of the dish. Repeat with all the wings.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn the wings over and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below and be sure and pin this on Pinterest!
For Similar Recipes: