These Crispy Cajun Wings are spicy, absolutely delicious and they’re baked with a surprise ingredient to make them extra crispy.
For wing-lovers Crispy Cajun Wings is one more great way to cook fabulous wings.
I really love chicken wings for lots of reasons. Tons of flavor. They’re small, easy to eat and they’re wonderful with so many kinds of sauces. Like my Asian Wings with Orange Sauce.
But recently, courtesy of Recipe Tin Eats, I discovered yet another way to make Wings. Nagi discovered that using Baking Powder instead of flour actually makes the wing super crispy.
I couldn’t wait to try the recipe, which…as normal…I decided to change a bit. Where Nagi uses no extra spices, I wanted to spice it with Cajun Spices and maybe some Smoked Paprika. And it worked!
They were so good, they didn’t even need sauce. My husband gave it a solid 15 out of 10! With a comment that I always love to hear. “ You need to make this again.”
So, let’s make them.
Ingredients for Crispy Cajun Wings
- Baking powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cajun Spice
- Chicken wingsThe Process
How to make Crispy Cajun Wings
These Crispy Cajun Wings are sooo easy to make. Just add the baking powder, paprika and Cajun spice to a gallon zip lock bag.
(Note: Nagi said many of her readers misunderstood and substituted Baking Soda for the Baking Powder and of course they were Terrible. So be sure you use Baking Powder.)
Then just add the rinsed chicken wings to Zip lock bag. Zip it up and shake to evenly coat the wings.
(2nd Note: I normally buy the Organic Chicken Wings from Trader Joe’s. They come frozen a large bag already separated. So you can just take out the amount you need and keep the rest frozen.)
In the past I’ve cut my own wings separating the drumettes and the wingettes apart. Not a huge problem but why take the time when you don’t need to?
Then just line a sheet pan with foil and place a rack above it. Good idea to spray the rack because it makes cleaning easier.
Place the coated chicken wings on the rack and bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Then turn them over and continue baking for another 20 minutes.
And they’re done. Just remove the pan from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Truth be told, I couldn’t wait and had one right away. Nagi was right they’re crispy and wonderful.
And yes George, I’ll make these again and again.
If you liked this recipe, please leave a comment below and be sure and pin us on Pinterest!
Crispy Cajun Wings
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 Tsp Cajun seasoning Prefer Paul Prudhomme Meat Magic
- 1 Pound Chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a gallon zip lock bag add baking powder, smoked paprika and Cajun seasoning. Zip and shake to combine.
- Add rinsed wings to bag. Zip and once again shake to coat wings evenly.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, then plate a rack above it and spray the rack with oil.
- Place the chicken wings on the rack in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Then turn the wings over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and let the chicken wings rest for 5 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with your favorite wing sauce.