These Fabulous Herb Roasted Potatoes are flavored with dill, chives and parsley. The result is beautifully browned herby potatoes.
Sometimes the simplest things are the best. Take potatoes for instance. Basic sustanance. But once you add butter, dill, chives and parsley, something magical happens. The flavor and the freshness of the herbs brings it all together.
I owe the special combination of the herbs to Ina Garten, but instead of steaming the potatoes the way she does, I decided roasting them was better. Roasting just brings out a better flavor. Almost a richer flavor.
And she’s fortunate to have that great herb garden growing in her back yard. Side note: Am I envious? You bet! I would love to just go outside and harvest whatever I want to have for dinner.
But alas, no garden, so I substituted dried herbs. And you know what? They worked perfectly.
Ingredients for Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Butter: Adds richness and flavor
- New potatoes: The Star of the Show
- Sea Salt: Best For flavor, especially Himalayan Pink Sea Salt.
- Pepper: For a slight spicy flavor
- Chives: For rich oniony flavor
- Parsley: For fresh taste
- Dill: For a slight licorice taste
How to Make Herb Roasted Potatoes
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
Then add butter, salt, pepper, chives, parsley and dill to a baking dish and microwave for 1 minute to melt the butter.
Next, add the peeled potatoes to the baking dish and roll evenly in the butter spice mixture.
Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and let roast for 25 minutes. Then flip the potatoes over and let them continue to roast another 15-20 minutes until browned and tender.
Notes on the Ingredients:
If you’re fortunate enough to have your own herb garden just double the amount of the herbs, which would be a tablespoon each of fresh chives, fresh parsley and fresh dill.
I use Himalayan Pink Sea Salt because of the taste. It’s so full-flavored that a small amount goes a long way.
Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 6 Small New potatoes Peeled
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt Prefer Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Chives Dried
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley Dried
- 1/2 Tsp Dill Dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- To a baking dish add melted butter, salt, pepper, chives, parsley and dill.
- Add peeled potatoes and roll evenly in butter/herb mixture.
- Place dish in the oven and roast 25 minutes. Flip potatoes over and continue roasting another 15-20 minutes until browned and tender.
- Serve immediately.
If you liked this recipe please leave a comment below and be sure and pin this on Pinterest!
For Similar Recipes:
Want easy, delicious recipes delivered fresh to your inbox?