Summertime. The crops are plentiful and the grillin’ is easy. And really nothing can be easier, or more delicious, than this Grilled Summer Salad.
With so many fresh vegetables in the market now, it’s hard to choose which ones to get. The great thing is that most vegetables taste fabulous once they’re grilled, so no matter what you choose it will be perfect for this salad.
This recipe started with just a few vegetables, but I couldn’t help myself. Everything looked great. So I added more…and then a couple more.
Ingredients for Grilled Summer Salad
- Yellow Squash
- Corn on the Cob
- Red Onion
- Artichoke Hearts
- Red peppers
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Toasted Almonds
How to Make Grilled Summer Salad
This grilling process actually goes pretty fast. The shrimp only takes 2 minutes on each side. And the vegetables only take about 3 minutes on each side.
I usually either steam or grill whole artichokes but in this recipe I used Trader Joe’s canned artichokes, which worked perfectly. They’re delicious and packed in water instead of oil, so that saves a lot of calories.
A few minutes on each side was all they needed for beautiful grill marks. And once the corn was perfectly grilled, I simply cut it off the cob.
Finally, the dressing came together to beautifully bind everything. Grilled vegetables and balsamic vinegar are a great flavor combination. For a bit of rich sweetness Pomegranate Molasses was added as well as a zing of Dijon mustard. And for some just-picked-from-the-garden freshness, some fresh thyme.
Instead of pouring the dressing over the whole salad, which almost always makes for a wilted, heavy salad, I like to lightly mix the salad greens with the dressing first and then add the vegetables and shrimp on the top.
And so a very quick Grilled Summer Salad that your friends and family will love. A perfect dish for hot summer days. And if your are into Healthy Recipes, this Grilled Summer Salad had only 328 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving!
Check out some more great summer salads:
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment down below and Pin us on Pinterest!
Grilled Summer Salad
- 4 Cups Mixed Greens
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sea salt Prefer Himalayan Pink
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 8 Mushrooms, sliced in half Baby Bella or white
- 1 Yellow squash Sliced 1/4” thick
- 1 Zucchini Sliced 1/4” thick
- 1 Red onion, sliced 1/2 thick and nit separated Optional: secure with toothpicks to keep rings together
- 1 Ear Corn on cob
- 6 , cut in half I used Trader Joe’s canned artichokes
- 1 Red pepper Thickly sliced
- 12 Jumbo Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp Sundried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Toasted slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- Wash salad greens and add to serving dish. Set aside
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a medium bowl whisk olive oil, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
- Brush oil mixture on mushrooms, yellow squash, zucchini, red onions, corn on the cob, artichoke hearts and red peppers on all sides. Reserve 2 tsp of oil mixture.
- Add vegetables to grill being careful not to crowd them. Grill 2-3 minutes on each side until vegetables are tender and you have nice grill marks. Note: The corn will take 4-5 minutes more due to rotating it until lightly browned on each side. Remove grilled vegetables to large plate.
- Brush shrimp with reserved oil mixture and add them to grill. Cook 2 minutes per side and remove to plate. When corn is cool enough, cut kernels off cob with sharp knife.
- Dressing: To a small mixing bowl add balsamic vinegar, pomegranate molasses, Dijon mustard, thyme leaves.
- Add sundried tomatoes and toasted almonds to salad greens. Add 2 Tbsp of dressing and lightly toss making sure all leaves are lightly coated.
- Add grilled vegetables and shrimp to salad and drizzle remaining dressing over vegetables and shrimp.