Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
What can I tell you about this Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach? Oh, so many things. It’s Healthy, it’s Easy, and most importantly, it’s positively addictive. My little four-legged kitchen companion, Angel, was right there with me, underfoot, for every step of this process.
How to Make Tortellini Soup
Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach is not only easy and quick, bit it’s absolutely addictive. It tastes like it’s been simmered all day.
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large Shallot Diced
- 1 Cup Carrots About 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 Cup Celery About 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 Smoked chicken sausage I used Andouille Chicken Sausage, cut in 1/4” slices
- 1/4 Tsp Sea salt I used Himalayan Pink because it has so much more flavor.
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Chicken broth, low sodium Prefer Manischewitz
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 1 Cup Cheese Tortellinj
- 1 Cup Tomatoes Seeded and diced
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
Add olive oil to large pot over medium high heat. Then add shallots, carrots, celery, salt and pepper. Stir and cook about 5 minutes until slightly caramelized. Add in Sausage and cook 1 minute more.
Add in chicken broth and and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
Add tortellini and cook 6 minutes. Then remove from heat and add in tomatoes and baby spinach. Stir lightly until spinach is slightly wilted.