George’s Char Salmon is made with delightfully light Arctic Char that is sautéed and finished in the oven is a rich garlic butter sauce.
About George’s Char Salmon
Interesting how life works out.
One day all is normal and the next you find yourself in the Emergency Room.
All I have to say is be careful with knives and avocados. Especially when you have sharp knives.
So after several shots and a suture, all is well, but that first day was pretty miserable.
So here came my husband and best friend, George, who said, “I’m making dinner.”
His menu was Char, which I now call “George’s Char Salmon” along with a wonderful Spinach Salad with Bacon, a gorgeous Rainbow Tomato Salad and finally brown rice.
Healthy all. Well, maybe not so much the bacon, but all things in moderation, right?
Ingredients of George’s Char Salmon
- Arctic Char Filets
How to Make Easy Arctic Char
George’s Char Salmon
- 2 6 oz Arctic Char filets
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ghee Clarified butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic Finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Salt and pepper char filets.
- In a oven proof frying pan, add Ghee and garlic. Cook 1 minute then add char filets flesh side down. Allow to cook 3 minutes until we’ll browned.
- Turn filets over and immediately place in oven for 4-5 minutes, just until filets are firm.
- Add to serving dish and pour pan juices over top.