George’s Char Salmon is made with delightfully light Arctic Char that is sautéed and finished in the oven is a rich garlic butter sauce.
Interesting how life works out. One day all is normal and the next you find yourself in the Emergency Room.
All I have to say is be careful with knives and avocados. Especially when you have sharp knives.
So after several shots and a suture, all is well, but that first day was pretty miserable. So here came my husband and best friend, George, who said, “I’m making dinner.”
His menu was Char, which I now call “George’s Char Salmon” along with a wonderful Spinach Salad with Bacon, a gorgeous Rainbow Tomato Salad and finally brown rice.
Healthy all. Well, maybe not so much the bacon, but all things in moderation, right?
How to Make Easy Arctic Char
George’s Char Salmon
- 2 6 oz Arctic Char filets
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ghee Clarified butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic Finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Salt and pepper char filets.
- In a oven proof frying pan, add Ghee and garlic. Cook 1 minute then add char filets flesh side down. Allow to cook 3 minutes until we’ll browned.
- Turn filets over and immediately place in oven for 4-5 minutes, just until filets are firm.
- Add to serving dish and pour pan juices over top.