Shrimp Jambalaya is a totally soul-satisfying Cajun-inspired dish that you can happily serve any time of the year.
About Shrimp Jambalaya
Ingredients for Shrimp Jambalaya
- Olive oil
- Green onions
- Green pepper
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Okra, cut in 1/2”pieces
- Cajun seasoning.
- Smoked chicken Andouille Sausage.
- Manischewitz low sodium chicken broth.
- Shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
How to Make Shrimp Jambalaya
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Flour Prefer Wondra
- 1/2 Cup Onions Diced
- 1/2 Cup Green pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Celery Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 14 oz can Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Cups Okra Cut in 1/2” pieces
- 1/4 Tsp Thyme Dried
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano Dried
- 1/2 Tsp Cajun Seasoning More if you prefer hot
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Links Smoked Chicken Andouille Sausage
- 1 14 oz can Chicken broth Low sodium
- 1 Pound Raw shrimp Cleaned and deveined
- Add oil to large pot over medium high heat. Add flour and continually stir until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onions, pepper, celery and garlic and sauté until onion is caramelized, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, okra, thyme, oregano, Cajun Seasoning, pepper, salt, Andouille Sausage and chicken broth. Stir and allow to simmer 30-35 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and let simmer 2-3 minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Serve by itself or along side of cooked rice.