Just in time for summer, these Turkey Poblano Sliders are perfect for barbecues. Unlike regular turkey sliders, these are kicked up a notch with Poblano peppers.
About Turkey Poblano Sliders
Okay, I admit it. When it comes to super spicy food, I just can’t do it.
The flavor of chilies is fabulous, but the heat…well, not for me.
But I finally found the perfect chili that’s mild, super flavorful and can be used in so many recipes.
The humble poblano.
After a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico, I have to say Chili Rellanos are right up there with my favorite dishes of all time.
There was just a hint of rich spiciness, but the cheese and the creamy sauce tamed it so you could really taste the flavor.
So, with poblanos in mind, I began to experiment with other foods that would really be enhanced by the subtle spice of the poblanos.
Scrambled eggs were wonderful with the chopped poblanos, especially with the addition of cheese.
Then, when we were planning on grilling burgers, I thought why not add in some onions and poblanos?
And for lower calories, I substituted turkey for the beef.
The result was really great.
Ingredients of Turkey Poblano Sliders
- Poblano Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Ground Turkey
- Slider Buns
How to Make Turkey Poblano Sliders
Turkey Poblano Sliders
- 1/2 Large Poblano Pepper Diced
- 1 Large Shallot Diced
- 2 Tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Slider Buns
- 1 Tsp Butter
- Sauté diced peppers and onions in 1 tsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Allow to cook until onions are caramelized and peppers are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add peppers, onions, salt and pepper to ground turkey and mix to combine. Roll into balls about the same size as a golf ball and flatten each into a patty.
- Add 1 tsp olive oil to pan over medium high heat and add to grill. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove to plate.
- Butter slider buns and place cut side down on grill until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add turkey burger to bottom of each bun. Add turkey burger. Top with your favorite toppings. ( I used prepared guacamole and lettuce. )