These easy Caprese Skewers with Green Olives are kicked up with a tangy Balsamic Vinegar dressing.
About Caprese Skewers with Green Olives
You know how often the simplest ideas are the best? Like these Caprese Salad Skewers with Green Olives.
The idea came from a party we gave a few years ago. I was preparing tons of labor intensive appetizers and decided I still needed something more.
The decorator in me said this appetizer needed to be colorful, and the health writer in me said, “Make it Healthy.”
Plus I wanted to keep it simple and really didn’t want to make another trip to the store.
So I searched the pantry and found green olives.
You never can go wrong with green olives, I thought, but I wasn’t sure what to do with them to make them festive enough for a party.
Then I thought of one of my favorite salads, Caprese Salad.
I checked the refrigerator.
Ah, there was the mozzarella and the basil I was going to use for a Margarita pizza.
I thought that would be perfect for these Caprese Skewers and the tomato, basil, mozzarella combination and the green olives would make them different.
Putting them on 6″ bamboo knot picks makes them even more festive. Then if I added a tangy balsamic dressing, it just might work.
And it did!
Out of all the appetizers, these Caprese Skewers not only received tons of compliments, but were gone in a heartbeat.
My only regret was that I didn’t make more.
Caprese Salad Skewers with Green Olives
- 24 Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Large Basil Leaves Torn in half, width wise, resulting in 24 pieces
- 24 Ciliegine Mozarella Balls Small cherry sized balls
- 24 Green Olives Pimiento Stuffed
- 24 4” Skewers
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Honey
- Thread tomato, folded basil leaf, Mozarella and green olive on each skewer.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and honey.
- Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar Dressing lightly over each skewer and arrange on a serving platter.