Smoky Spicy Tortilla Soup
This Smoky, Spicy Tortilla Soup is packed with all the flavors of Mexican cuisine including chipolte peppers and cumin all wrapped in a spicy broth
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time7 hrs
Total Time7 hrs 10 mins
- 1 Pound Chicken, boneless and skinless Cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 Quart Chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 14.5 oz can Tomatoes Marzano with sauce is best
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- 2 Tsp Cumin
- 3/4 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1 14.5 oz can Black beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1 Cup Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 Avocado Diced
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
Place cut up chicken in slow cooker turned to the low setting.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes, garlic, Chipotle Chile powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, drained and rinsed black beans and the lime juice. Allow to simmer together 7 hours.
Top each serving with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, diced avocado and sour cream.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 400mg | Potassium: 703mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1025IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2.2mg