Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile
Mesquite Smoked Brisket Chile is full of Tex-Mex flavor with smoky brisket, spicy chiles and flavorful spices. This is the Chile you need to warm up a rainy day.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 10 mins
Servings: 6 People
- 1 Tb Olive oil
- 1 Small Yellow onion Chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Pound Mesquite Smoked Brisket Cut into small cubes
- 1 4.5 oz can Chopped green chiles
- 1-2 Tsp Chipolte Peppers in Adobo Sauce Chopped
- 1 15 oz. can Tomatoes Diced, with liquid
- 1 14 oz. can Chicken Broth Reduced sodium
- 1 15 oz. can Black beans Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Black Strap Molasses
- 1 Tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 3/4 Tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 1/2 Tsp Mesquite Smoke Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Dry mustard
Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onions and allow to cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Set aside.
In a slow cooker set on low heat, add brisket, green chiles, chipolte Peppers, tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans, vinegar, molasses, esoresso powder, Worchestershire sauce, Montreal Steak Seasoning, cumin, Mesquite Chile powder, smoked paprika and dry mustard. Add in sauteed onion and garlic mixture and stir to combine.
Cover and cook 5-6 hours.
Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 104mg | Potassium: 425mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2.4mg